Library Engagement and Communication Specialist Permanent Part-Time (38 hours a fortnight)
About the role:
This role will work on a permanent part-time basis of 38 hours a fortnight within the Libraries Leadership Team, and closely with the Communications and Engagement team to ensure the successful marketing, communications and promotions of the City of Swan Library’s extraordinary services and programs.
Further, this role will work with Manager of Community and Libraries, and Executive Manager of Community Wellbeing to demonstrate the value and role of libraries, support state wide public library initiatives and work to seek more funding for public libraries from state and federal government.
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
This role will be responsible to develop and maintain a Library Marketing Plan and deliver on the outcomes of the plan, through coordinating communication with City of Swan Communities through various social media platforms, physical promotional materials and community outreach especially relating to social media engagement, and optimising online exposure and community connection.
- Develop and maintain a Library Marketing Plan and deliver on the outcomes of the plan
- Work in consultation with Library Managers, Library Coordinators and Specialists to ensure a cohesive and collaborative approach to day to day Communication and promotion across the Content & Collections, Frontline Service Delivery and Programs portfolios.
- Championing the strategic outcomes of libraries to deliver initiatives that will demonstrate the value of our libraries and share our stories with our communities.
- Generate genuine community and customer connections with libraries and their programs, collections and services.
- Work with the Communications and Engagement Team to provide specialist library knowledge to contribute to the Libraries and City of Swan Social Media Strategy.
- Coordinate the Libraries’ public-facing online presence, including online customer engagement, also includes the posting of immediate and urgent content (i.e. Library closure/emergency information)
For more information about the role please refer to the position description (available for download under Documents above)
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Significant experience in the fields of Marketing, Promotions, Communications and Social Media engagement
- Significant experience in the fields of Libraries, Community Engagement, Arts and Culture, Multimedia, or Digital Technology
- COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination encouraged
- A satisfactory National Police Certificate is required
About working with us:
The salary for this position will be from $85,131.74 - $99,517.43 per annum pro rata, depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
You will also enjoy benefits including:
- Excellent leave entitlements e.g. purchase additional leave, Local Government public holiday
- Up to 16.00% Superannuation
- Comprehensive employee wellness program
- Generous study assistance
- Free parking available
About the City
The City of Swan is the largest local government area within metropolitan Perth, Western Australia, covering more than 1,043 square kilometres, and located less than 30 minutes from the CBD. Our purpose at the City is to improve the quality of life for all of the people who live in, work in and visit the City of Swan by delivering our vision of ‘one city, diverse people, culture and places’ through shared values of respect, excellence, accountability and leadership.
At the City of Swan we are committed to recruiting and retaining the right people and creating a great place to work. We offer our employees real careers, real impact, and real rewards.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Shane Dowling directly on 0405 828 529.
For queries regarding the application process, please contact our friendly People Services team on (08) 9267 9014.
To apply please submit a cover letter of no more than 1 page that outlines your qualifications and experience and why you would be a good fit for this role, and a resume via the link.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 March, 2023 at 11pm. | Apply
We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds and encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples, and individuals who may identify as LGBTIQ, with disability, a culturally and linguistically diverse background, and people of all ages.