Library Experience Coordinator
Reference Number: S100-22-827 | Closing Date: 23-08-2022 | Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Salary up to $113,348.98 p.a. + super + potential to earn additional market rate allowance up to $16,320 p.a.
- Fully maintained private use motor vehicle
- 35 hours per week + three weekly RDO
- Apply for this position
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings.
We are offering much more than just one of Sydney’s best harbourside locations; we are offering an opportunity to take part in the transformation of our organisation.
About the role
Eager for an opportunity to come up with big ideas that impact the community? Woollahra Libraries’ success starts with its stellar team and we are looking for a customer-focused Library Experience Coordinator to join us.
As the Library Experience Coordinator, you will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations at our state-of-the-art libraries located in Double Bay, Paddington and Watsons Bay.
Working as part of our collaborative library team, your energy, positivity and experience will enable you to support our Customer Service team and Programs & Events team, as they provide exceptional services to the community that support diverse groups and foster lifelong learning.
This fast-paced role will contribute to strategy development and delivery and champion a model of continuous service improvement.
We are looking for an experienced leader with exceptional communication and change management skills who thrives in a busy and challenging environment.
You will be a high achiever with:
- Completion of tertiary studies in Information Studies or Information and Knowledge Management or equivalent.
- Extensive senior level experience in a library environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and highly developed understanding of organisational change management practices, particularly in managing complex projects and maintaining a positive team environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of best practice customer service and program delivery in a public library setting.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging technologies and their applications to library functions, particularly in the provision of customer service.
- Proven ability to manage resources effectively, including preparing and monitoring of budgets and best practice procurement processes.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and leadership of staff, including the ability to work and lead projects across teams and as a leader of a high performance team.
- Excellent negotiation and innovative problem solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in strategic planning and policy development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing and social media experience.
- Competency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- Current Working with Children check.
- Demonstrated understanding of EEO and WH&S.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position as outlined in Section 8 of the position description.
- Current C class Drivers Licence.
How to apply
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria. Please click here to view the position requirements.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload two documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Jody Rodas, Manager Woollahra Libraries on 02 9391 7106 during business hours
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm Tuesday 23 August 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.