Library Information Technology Officer
- A unique role combining your IT and Library skills
- Located on the northern shores of Sydney Harbour with public transport at door
- Full-time opportunity with a Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Total Package from $80,174.93 to $99,723 pa inclusive of superannuation
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including a 3-weekly Rostered Days Off for full-time staff, public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and well-being initiatives and annual Award increases and performance reviews.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment and take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture. We have been formally recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an energetic, customer focussed and experienced Library IT specialist. In this role you will be responsible for the effective operation of the Library’s Information Technology systems.
Your day to day work will involve:
- ensuring effective operation and maintenance of the Library’s IT resources and Library Management system
- administration of Council’s Digital Asset Management System (Cumulus)
- liaising with the key staff in Shorelink Libraries and Library Management System vendor
- assisting the Council Web Team with maintenance and updates pertaining to Council’s website
- provision of quality customer service to the Library’s clients
- training staff and customers on the Library’s Information Technology resources.
You will be located at Barry O’Keefe Library and reporting to the Team Leader Library Resources.
This is a great opportunity for you to have a genuine impact on our community.
To succeed in this position, you will:
- have experience with operation and maintenance of Library Management Systems and IT equipment including public access internet and wi-fi, PC booking systems, RFID systems and digital asset management systems
- have experience with web technologies, including HTML and CSS, and with using a content management system to update websites
- be committed to quality customer service and teamwork
- have relevant tertiary qualifications in Library/Information Science or equivalent relevant qualification
- be available to work on weekend and evening shifts
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you need to complete your application in one sitting, as you cannot save it and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position, including proof of entitlement to work and 100 point identification. Click here for a list of acceptable proof of identity documents.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Linda Horswell on (02) 9978 4017 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Closing Date: 11:30pm, Sunday 2 May
Previous applicants need not apply.
Mosman Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.