Library Museum Gallery (LMG) Collection and Information Services Coordinator
Location: Coffs Harbour | Reference: 5079077
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the Role
- An exciting opportunity to be involved in the transition to the planned new Coffs Harbour Cultural & Civic Space
- Lead and co-ordinate the Collection & Information Services Team
- Lead the team building an improved library collection with increased resources
- Work within an innovative integrated library, museum and gallery services team
The ideal candidate will have degree qualifications in Library Science or related discipline along with extensive experience in a supervisory role across library or cultural service facilities.
This role will lead the LMG Collection & Information Services team and manage the collections and information services across the Library service. You will also manage the LMG and Cultural Services electronic systems, platforms, and online channels.
To be successful you will need:
- To be highly collaborative, innovative and enjoy experimenting with new technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in library cataloguing standards and relevant metadata schemas and indexing thesauri.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead staff with a focus on building capacity and improvement of business processes and services
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in budget monitoring and control
- Current class C Drivers' Licence and Working with Children Check
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Whilst this is a full-time fixed-term contract we offer Flexi-hours to work around the beautiful Coffs Coast lifestyle
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects.
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, bonuses, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options.
Starting package of around $78k + Super
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
- Enquiries: Roslyn Cousins: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (02) 66484907
- Please note applications must be submitted via Councils careers page and close 9pm AEST 24 May 2020
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background
Applications Close: 9.00PM (AEST) 24 May 2020