Library Officer - 10459
- Organisation Unit: Southern Libraries
- Location: A/Water RTC/Library
- Package: $67,253.29 - $67,253.29
- Tenure: Maximum Term Part Time
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a Library Officer to contribute to Council’s success. This is a maximum term leave replacement position from November 2020 to January 2021. This position is a part time position located at Miriam Vale/Agnes Water working –
Week One – Monday 9am-5pm (Miriam Vale), Tuesday 10am-1pm (Agnes Water) Wednesday 10am-1pm (Agnes Water), Thursday 9am – 3.30pm (Agnes Water), Friday 10am-1pm (Agnes Water), Saturday 9am-12pm (Agnes Water).
Week Two - Monday 9am-5pm (Agnes Water), Tuesday 10am-1pm (Agnes Water), Wednesday 10am-1pm (Agnes Water), Thursday 9am-3.30pm (Agnes Water), Friday 10am-1pm (Agnes Water), Saturday 9am-12pm (Agnes Water).
The annual salary package consists of $67,253.29 (pro rata).
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide an efficient and effective public library and customer service that meets the needs of its members, and other customers; and promotes positive relationships and communication between Council and the community.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, knowledge and skills working in a similar work environment or in a customer service role.
- Skills and experience recording, reconciling and processing financial transactions, including cash handling.
- Effective interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills to liaise with library clients.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet and operating corporate business systems.
- Time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. Aboriginal, Torres Strait and South Sea Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 26 October 2020
Job Description: available above under Document/s