We are seeking applications for a Library Officer. Applications close on Tuesday 28 November 2023 at 9.00am
We are seeking applications for a Library Officer to join our team at the Ayr Library.
About the position:
This position is suited to someone who has thorough knowledge of cataloguing standards and trends, and experience in the selection, acquisition and cataloguing of physical and digital materials in a public library setting.
A key responsibility of this position is to assist the Library Services Manager in fulfilling the requirements of the Burdekin Library Collection Development Policy, in alignment with Council’s policies and guidelines, and utilising Council’s Finance System. The role includes providing frontline customer service and generally contributing to the efficient and effective provision of high-quality library services.
- 9-day fortnight (72.5hr fortnight)
- Up to 12% Employer Superannuation with ability to salary sacrifice employee contribution.
- 5 weeks Annual Leave per year
- 13 weeks Long Service Leave after 10 years’ service – pro rata available after 7 years
- Salary Packaging available
- Supportive and motivating team
- Active Social Club
- Fitness Passport Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Relaxed lifestyle, boating, fishing, sports facilities, private and public schooling options up to Grade 12, cultural venues and events and all of this situated in a thriving agricultural community only an hour away from Townsville or two hours from the magical Whitsundays.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary ranges from $77,163pa to $82,932pa with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 47 839 800 or you can download the package using the link below..
Applications for 23/60 – Library Officer should include:
- A cover letter; a current resume; statements addressing the selection criteria; and copies of relevant qualifications and licences.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 23/60, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 9:00am.
For further information please contact Kate Wanchap, Library Services Manager on (07) 4783 9800