Library Officer (Casual)
- Modern, dynamic and contemporary working environment
- Supportive team environment with a focus on professional development
- $33.51 per hour
Palmerston is the second largest and fastest growing city in the Northern Territory. It is a regional hub with a promising future, positioning itself as The Family City of the Northern Territory and ‘A Place for People’. At City of Palmerston, our community are at the centre of all we do and deliver.
Located 20 km from the Territory’s capital Darwin, Palmerston is the Top End’s regional hub supported by private industry, defence establishments and a full range of local businesses and services. With South East Asia and the unique landscape of the Northern Territory on its doorstep, Palmerston boasts over 40,000 residents and is currently undergoing a significant period of infrastructure growth and development.
About the Opportunity
The City of Palmerston is seeking enthusiastic, proactive and friendly individuals to join our amazing Library Services Team, as a Library Officer to work from either the Palmerston Library or the Taminmin Library, as required. This is a casual role offering up to 20 hours per fortnight. Additional hours may be offered, depending on requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
• Perform circulation duties at library customer service desk
• Aid in the provision of a reader request service and assist customers with their reference and subject enquiries, in person and by telephone
• Instruct customers in the basic use of library equipment including computers and applications
• Maintain order of library collections through shelving, shelf reading, mending and repairs
• Assist in the delivery of programs including age specific programs for identified groups primarily aimed at children but also includes youth, adults and seniors.
• Provide a timely, professional, customer focused library service
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to have the flexibility to work outside of core business hours including weekends. Candidates with excellent communication and customer service skills are encouraged to apply. A current Ochre Card and NT Driver's License is essential. An attractive hourly rate of $33.51 per hour is on offer, which includes a 25% casual loading.
To view a copy of the position description and to 'Apply' please see below.
Closing Date: Friday 16 October 2020
About the Benefits
Council offers a wide range of attractive employee benefits. Furthermore, City of Palmerston provides a team-oriented work environment and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.