Library Officer Casual (10161)
Job No: CHR469 | Location: Blackwater
Work Type: Casual
Remuneration: Stream A, Level 2: $45.91 - $48.90 per hour + superannuation (inclusive of casual loading)
Are you a creative person who is looking for a customer service and community focused role?
Central Highlands Regional Council is looking for a highly motivated, customer service centric individual to support our library team by providing relief support in the Blackwater library on a casual basis.
As the successful applicant, you will bring a proactive and enthusiastic approach to the delivery of library services in order to provide a positive and welcoming environment for our community.
In this role you will be a valued member of a well-established team and have the opportunity to continue to develop your skills within a supportive environment.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need;
- A positive and flexible approach towards the varied responsibilities within the library
- The ability to troubleshoot and assist with basic technology queries from the community
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- Current Queensland Class C Drivers Licence
- Queensland working with children blue card or the ability to obtain prior to commencement
- Available to work ad-hoc, non-regular hours
- Previous experience in customer service, library and / or related disciplines
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Working for Central Highlands Regional Council has its benefits.
We are a progressive region, committed in creating opportunities for all. We welcome forward thinking individuals who are focused on continuous improvement, a sustainable future and understand the valuable role we play in investing in our regional community.
- A generous superannuation scheme – up to 19.75% for employees contributing 6% (conditions apply)
- Annual uniform allocation
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & development opportunities
To apply for this position:
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please download and review the position description.
To be considered for this position, please include the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for this position
- Your resume detailing your career history relevant for this position
Applicants who are progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to participate in a shortlisting process.
Eligibility & Pre-employment Checks
To be appointed to a permanent position, you must be an Australian citizen, or have permanent residency status, or hold a visa permitting you to work in Australia permanently. If you have a visa permitting you to work temporarily in Australia, you may be appointed to a position on a temporary basis, providing the work complies with the conditions of your visa.
The pre-employment checks relevant to this position include:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Queensland Working with Children check
- Reference and licence checks
- Medical assessment
For a confidential discussion, please contact a member of the Recruitment Team on 1300 242 686 during business hours or register your application by submitting your cover letter and resume.
Applications close: Monday 04 December 2023 @ 0800 | Apply Now