Library Officer Programs
- Package: $65,965.26 - $72,075.18
- Tenure: 1 x Permanent Full Time, 35 hours, 5 days per week
- Closing: 15 September 2022
The Library Officer Programs supports the Library Outreach and Programs team. Assisting specialist librarians in the planning, delivery, evaluation and communication of programming. Working across diverse demographics to contribute to high-quality programs for adult, youth and children that support literacy for lifelong learning, recreation and culture.
The position is based at Liverpool City Library and is required to provide direct services to community including outstanding customer service across the library and its branches, facilitation of programs and provide support with offsite outreach initiatives.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Implementing and supporting the development of the Library and Museum vision, mission and plans, deliver quality and customer-focused programs and support communications within the library service.
- Supporting the Programs and Outreach team to develop and deliver programs, events and services across Liverpool City Libraries, including regular and special programs for children, youth and adults, that are reflective of the Liverpool community
- Support cooperative relationships with identified Council, government and community groups to sustain and grow engagement in library and museum programs and services
- Maintaining records and statistics and evaluating programs and activities on an ongoing basis to make recommendations to the Programs and Outreach team as appropriate.
- Reporting of data and statistics as required, including library engagement data.
Due to the nature of the work and public interaction Council will only consider applications from Covid-19 vaccinated applicants.
Salary will be dependent upon the relevant skills, experience and competencies of the successful applicant.
For further information about the position please contact Pamela Smith, Acting Coordinator Outreach and Programs on 02 8711 7162.
How to Apply: Please click the 'Apply' button above. Applicants must submit a covering letter, current resume and response to the selection criteria questions which will be shown once you commence your application.
Liverpool City Council is committed to providing a working environment that supports all employees to reach their full potential.
To be eligible to apply for permanent positions at Liverpool City Council, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For Temporary positions, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.