Library Officer - Rockdale Library
Deadline: 11:59PM Tuesday, 21 November 2023
- Permanent Part Time (7 hours Monday to Wednesday, 7 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday) position
- Lead a passionate team of Library Team Members at our Rockdale Library
- Join a diverse and family-friendly work environment
- Connect people to information, resources, material and knowledge
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The City Life directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged, leisure and cultural services.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Library Officer to lead a team of Library Team Members at our Rockdale Library. If you are looking for the next step in your career and to contribute to the success of our library and community, this is the job for you!
This role is responsible for all duties on the customer service desk and delivery of library programs.
You can also expect to:
- Work on rostered desk shifts to deliver library services.
- Undertake library and resource management to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Deliver library programs, including early literacy programs, school holiday activities, Home Library Service, adult programs, and technology training to meet community needs and expectations.
- Create and maintain welcoming spaces for customers.
- Promote library collections through Readers Advisory, display, and programs and events.
- Provide accurate and timely information services to the public and other stakeholders to increase awareness and availability of services.
- Monitor customer behaviour and usage patterns and contribute ideas, observations, and insights to assist with continuous improvement and development of innovative and relevant library services and programs.
- Provide guidance and support to other library staff, including direct reports, across the library network.
We are looking for a someone who has:
- TAFE Diploma (AQF) in Library & Information Services or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years (part time or full time) experience in working in a library environment.
- A current Working with Children Check Number.
- Current Driver’s Licence Class C and/or willingness to travel between Bayside Library locations.
Our Benefits and Culture
As an organisation, we pride ourselves in offering a flexible working environment centred on delivering great outcomes for our customers, whether internal or external. Bayside Council has a strong culture of collaboration and delivering exciting new initiatives for our community.
On top of the competitive salary, our people enjoy;
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave
- Gym membership discounts
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role outlined in the position description.
Applications must be submitted via email at email@example.com with the subject line F23/916 Library Officer – Rockdale Library
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2023
Salary range: Part Time: $67,380.99 to $75,466.73 per annum, plus 11% superannuation
Enquiries: Karen Thurner, Coordinator Libraries on (02) 9562 1711 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may be required to satisfactorily undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children Check in accordance with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.