Library Officer Support Services
Job No: GR3369 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries have 79 staff working across our five libraries. All our staff are committed to and passionate about working with our local community to provide them with innovative and accessible resources.
Our public library purpose is to provide professional and open access to information as well as to provide a place for the whole community to come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. The way we fulfil our role has been and will continue to be transformed by the changing face of our diverse community as well as advances in online sources of information and digital opportunities. We will maintain a special focus on the principles of sustainability, accessibility and the professional development of our staff.
About the Opportunity
- Permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $65,000- $75,000 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Wellness perks including, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
Georges River Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Library Officer Support Services to join our dynamic and busy Library Services team. The successful candidate will contribute to the efficient and effective operations of the Georges River Libraries by ensuring the delivery of high quality, customer focused library services, resources, programs and systems.
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- TAFE Diploma qualification in Library and Information Science and/or equivalent library experience
- Demonstrated experience in library and information services
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, promoting, delivering effective and relevant library services, programs and events to a diverse community encouraging literacy, creativity and lifelong learning
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication including summarising data, preparing reports and providing training.
- High level customer focused approach to service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, organisational, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Undertake rostered duties at all Georges River Libraries to meet customer expectation.
- Provide support and instructional training to staff and customers in the use of library software, self-service kiosks, public computers, photocopiers and printers.
- Deliver and promote library and information services that meet the diverse needs and interests of the community encouraging the development of literacy, creativity and lifelong learning
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Scott Elphinstone, Coordinator Library Customer Experience on 02 9330 6104.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Closing Date: 27th January 2021 5:30pm AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
Georges River Council is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.