Library Officer Support Services (Parental Leave Cover)
Job No: GR210924 | Location: Hurstville
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. Our council is dedicated to helping protect our natural environment, providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture and enabling people to move around the area easily. We offer access to a mix of housing options, create exciting job and business opportunities. We are experiencing exciting transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects underway.
Georges River Libraries employs approx. 65 staff who work across five libraries. All our staff are committed to and passionate about working with our local community to provide them with innovative and accessible resources.
Our purpose is to deliver professional public library services with open access to information and places for the whole community to come together to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. The way we fulfil our role has been and will continue to be transformed by the changing face of our diverse community as well as advances in online sources of information and digital opportunities. We will maintain a special focus on the principles of sustainability, accessibility and the professional development of our staff.
About the Opportunity
- Temporary, full time - 70 hours per fortnight (Parental leave cover)
- Salary from $66,471.26 - $77,016.87 per annum plus 10% superannuation
- Wellness perks including, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
Georges River Council is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Library Officer Support Services to join our Library Customer Experience team on a temporary contract. The successful candidate will contribute to the efficient delivery of library services by being customer-focused when working with the community as a shift supervisor. The position requires adapting quickly to the changing needs of our service points to ensure they are staffed at all times.
The role requires excellent attention to detail to develop accurate rosters across our five libraries. You will maintain numerous rostering spreadsheets and use an online roster system called Findmyshift. Excellent problem-solving skills are a must to manage absences and roster around annual leave, flexible leave, work from home days and staff meetings and training days. To be successful in this role you will understand how different public library service models work to accommodate the changing work patterns of staff related to operations. The role will also lead an exciting project to introduce a set roster to enhance services and improve the work-life balance opportunities for all library staff.
You will need exceptional verbal and written communication skills to work across teams to fill roster gaps and to manage the volunteer program. You will be able to effectively converse with work experience applicants, volunteers and their High Schools, TAFE’s and Universities. The role also requires exceptional attention to detail to report on casual hours and leave for part-time staff to payroll on a fortnightly basis. There are various spaces for hire which are booked online which this position also manages for the various libraries.
- Plan, create and administer staff rostering across the Library service ensuring all service points are adequately staffed at all times
- Develop and administer an efficient volunteers and work placement program; including training programs; liaising with Library Coordinators to ensure volunteers and work placement students enjoy a rewarding and productive experience
- Ensure accurate timekeeping of casual and part time library service staff through weekly reconciliation of timesheets and associated leave applications for the payment of all library staff
- Provide an efficient booking service for facilities across the library service ensuring accurate recording, confirmation and payments in a timely manner
- Undertake rostered duties at all Georges River Libraries to meet customer expectation.
- Provide support and instructional training to staff and customers in the use of library software, self-service kiosks, public computers, photocopiers and printers.
- Deliver and promote library and information services that meet the diverse needs and interests of the community encouraging the development of literacy, creativity and lifelong learning
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- TAFE Diploma qualification in Library and Information Science and/or equivalent library experience
- High level analytical, time management, organisational, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including summarising data, preparing reports and providing training.
- Demonstrated experience in library and information services
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, promoting, delivering effective and relevant library services, programs and events to a diverse community encouraging literacy, creativity and lifelong learning
- High level customer focused approach to service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Must have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement of employment with Georges River Council, except where a medical contraindication certificate is provided.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Emma Atherton, Acting Coordinator Library Customer Experience on 02 9330 9473.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Monday 25 October 2021 at 11.30 PM AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.