Library Officer x 2
Maximum Term Contract Part Time - 14.5 hours per week (Monday and Friday) - until 20/12/2024
Maximum Term Contract Full Time - 36.25 hours per week - until 30/06/2024
$35.13 to $37.74 Hourly + up to 12% super
RCC Officers' Level 2
A special place
At Redland City Council, you can help improve lives, while shaping your career in a truly special place. Situated on the stunning Redlands Coast, our team is creating an enriched, sustainable future for Redland City.
Here, every role matters … Together, we’re focused on serving our community. Join us so together we can improve the Redlands for today and tomorrow.
We are currently looking for motivated and friendly staff to join our Library Services Team here on the Redlands Coast. This exciting opportunity is for two Library Officers to join our team bringing with them exceptional customer service skills and established knowledge and skills in libraries. These roles form part of a collaborative and customer focused team who deliver high quality library services to the Redlands community. The ideal candidates will have excellent communication and customer service skills and be willing to work as a team to provide a positive experience for a variety of customers.
For full details, take a look at the Position Description.
What you’ll bring
We would love to hear from you or someone you know who:
- has excellent communication skills;
- has demonstrated experience working in libraries;
- is a team player with exceptional interpersonal skills; and
- enjoys providing a positive customer experience and resolving issues.
Why join us
We asked our people why they choose to work at Redland City Council. They say it’s about two things: feeling connected to the Redlands Coast as a truly special place and the incredible career and development opportunities at Council.
Here, you can:
- Improve lives, for today and tomorrow. You will make an impact by providing quality library services to the Redlands community.
- Achieve, for the community and your career. We’ll support you every step of the way and you will have a huge impact on the work we do.
- Experience variety, and grow as a result. Upskill, try new roles and broaden your horizons. Council is an amazing place to grow and diversify professionally.
- Find the right balance to bring the best you. We offer attractive benefits, ongoing support and flexible working arrangements.
Here are some more reasons for loving working with us:
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave!
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and business acumen
- Diverse secondment opportunities for career development
- Reward and recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs and social club
- Access to discounts with over 400 leading retailers
- Successful applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Ready to join us
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200354) can be obtained by contacting Michelle Lopez on (07) 3829 8792.
Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 15/11/2023 .
At Redland City Council, we truly value the diverse skills, experiences and perspectives of our people. We’re focused on making Council an inclusive place, where everyone belongs and brings in new skills, diverse experiences and backgrounds that enable us to serve our community better.
Applications will not be accepted from a third party