Library Operations Supervisor (Dalby Library)
- Reference Number: 1061
- Closing Date: 30-09-2021
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Dalby MyAll 107 (Library)
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based out of what will be the newly fully redeveloped MyALL 107 Cultural Precinct in Dalby, you will supervise and contribute to operational objectives of Western Downs Libraries with particular emphasis on collection development; a high level of supervision to Dalby and district libraries; and facility liaison for the relevant Community facilities in this region.
Reporting to the Library Services Coordinator, you will:
- Lead libraries programs, projects and events through the research, design, facilitation, and delivery processes;
- Coordinate staff rostering, training and performance partnering;
- Contribute to business process improvement development and support across the Library service; and
- Support the management of volunteer workforce within the Library Service.
The successful applicant will have:
- a relevant Degree or Diploma in Library & Information OR Business Administration OR be able to demonstrate equivalent related experience;
- a current Queensland C Class driver's licence;
- a current Working with Children Blue Card or ability to obtain one prior to commencing; and
- it is also highly desirable for the successful candidate to have proven experience in the management of staff for the delivery of Library Services.
What we offer:
- Work/life balance - option of 9 day fortnight or 19 day month
- Relocation assistance of $5,000 may be offered to the successful candidate if relocating to the region
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Salary Packaging available - Motor Vehicles, Superannuation, Remote Area Housing (Rent), Fuel, Gas and Electricity
- Locality allowance
- Job security in a local government position
- Living & Working in the Western Downs:
If you enjoy working both autonomously as well as collaboratively with employees, this role is for you.
TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST Thursday 30 September 2021.
Take a look at the MyALL 107 Cultural Precinct Redevelopment here: https://www.wdrc.qld.gov.au/living-here/our-communities/major-projects/myall-107/
The recruitment process may include candidates completing a pre-employment health declaration and you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position agree to WDRC conducting an independent employment check with your current (or most recent) employer prior to your formal appointment to the advertised position.
WDRC reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.