Library Programs and Engagement Officer
Job No: COR1044 | Location: Ryde, NSW
- Permanent part-time opportunity, 26 hours per week
- Assist in the delivery of the library’s innovative and community focussed programs
- Join a collaborative and progressive team
- Apply Now
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the 2021 Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD.
The City of Ryde Libraries is comprised of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are vibrant and welcoming places in the local community. City of Ryde Libraries continue to innovate and strengthen our services with an emphasis on exciting new developments and emerging technologies in public libraries.
About the role
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an innovative and customer focussed library professional to play a key role in the delivery of the City of Ryde Libraries community and cultural programs.
In this dynamic, newly created role, you will use your experience to deliver a diverse suite of high-quality programs for our community. The primary focus of these programs will initially be for adults and seniors but may also include Children’s and Youth, CALD and Home Library Service customers. You will also assist in the maintenance of the Community Information Database and associated directories to ensure accuracy and high quality.
On a personal level you will need a positive, high energy approach and enjoy engaging with the local community.
Your commencing salary is negotiable in the range of $63,240-$71,145 per annum (pro rata) (plus superannuation) depending on your experience and qualifications.
This position is part time, 26 hours per week. Based at Ryde but required to also work at all library branch locations (West Ryde, Eastwood, North Ryde and Gladesville) including a fortnightly Saturday shift at a branch as shift supervisor and occasional evening shifts.
- Deliver and promote programs and activities suitable for a range of identified target groups, with a primary focus on adults and seniors programs
- Deliver technology programs for the community to build digital literacy skills for current and emerging technologies
- Deliver readers advisory programs
- Assist in the maintenance of the Community Information Database and creation of Community Information Directories
- Provide excellent frontline customer service
- Provide leadership for customer service shifts when assigned as shift supervisor
- Tertiary degree in Library and Information Science recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) or a discipline relatable to the duties of the position and a TAFE Diploma of Library and Information Science or equivalent library technician qualification recognised by ALIA
- Experience in the delivery and promotion of library or similar cultural programs and activities
- Experience in the delivery of readers advisory services and programs
- Experience in supervision of library and staff for operational shifts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level written communication skills
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for information technology and troubleshooting ability
- Current driver’s licence
- Current COVID Vaccinations
Culture & Benefits
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (ie flu vaccinations, skin checks etc)
- Generous uniform allowance
How to apply
- Use our fast, easy to use on-line application process to apply today. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or phone (02) 9953 8353 and ask to speak to Angela Phippen, Acting Senior Coordinator Library Programs for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Wednesday 24 August 2022 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety