Library Service Officer – Part-Time (Kuranda Library)
Come and work as a vital member of our Customer & Community Services team here at Mareeba Shire Council, located within an easy one-hour drive from Cairns offering a regional lifestyle with all its benefits in relatively close proximity to Cairns.
The Library Service Officer is a combined role performing the duties of a Library Assistant and a Customer Service Officer at our Kuranda Library. The Library Service Officer is responsible for processing Council business and delivering high-level customer service in accordance with the customer-first ethic. The position assists with complex information searches and reference enquiries and technical services duties.
The position is ideally 30 hours per week, however, if you require some flexibility around fewer hours, we would still like to hear from you. Remuneration will be adjusted accordingly.
What we are looking for:
- You will need to have well-developed interpersonal skills with a capacity to work collaboratively and resourcefully to solve problems, resolve conflict and deal with challenging customers
- You will need to have advanced technology-based skills and knowledge and be committed to continuous improvement with the ability to contribute ideas and proactively suggest improvements
- You will need to be able to work well both autonomously and within a team environment and communicate effectively with internal and external customers and members of the community
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, part-time position up to 30 hours per week
- LGOA Level 2/1 – $32.99 per hour
- Mareeba Allowance – up to $1370 per annum
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading (pro rata)
- Work/life balance
- Lifestyle benefits such as access to a Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing options
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter (no more than 500 words)
- Current resume
- Fully completed Employment Application form
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday, 29 March 2023
For further information about this position contact Peta Franks, Rural Branch Supervisor, on 07 4086 4729 during business hours only.
Mareeba Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity and workplace diversity. We encourage a diverse workforce reflective of our community to better meet the needs of our customers.