Library Services and Collections Coordinator
Job No: DRC701 | Location: Dubbo NSW
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
This position is responsible for planning and developing Library and Information Services and Collections across the Macquarie Regional Library (MRL) service area.
The position coordinates the development and delivery of library collections and services that enhance community engagement, lifelong learning and cultural aspirations.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Deliver excellence in library services and customer experience by developing, implementing and regularly reviewing strategies, policies and procedures:
- Provide leadership in the development and delivery of high quality services, programs and customer experiences that increase reading, knowledge and digital literacy outcomes;
- Support the implementation and delivery of the MRL Strategic Plan, Delivery and Operational Plan across the MRL region; and
- Analyse and monitor the performance of library collection services and programs, including the use of circulation statistics and customer surveys.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree Library and Information Services with eligibility for professional members of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of high quality library and information services and collections, preferably in a public library environment;
- Extensive experience in the review and evaluation of library services, collections and programs to enhance the delivery of innovative library services and technologies;
- High level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills to work collaboratively across a regional library service; and
- Extensive experience in delivering library services outcomes.
You will have a passion for life long learning and value the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with a professional team providing services to the regional community.
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and high levels of attention to detail. Additionally you will be an innovative team player who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, well being program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore, DRC offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the scope of role and the essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position works 35 hours a week, Monday to Sunday on a seven day circulation roster, which includes working Saturday and Sunday on a rotational basis.
Salary: $82,060 - $95,367 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 29 June 2020
Enquiries: Manager Macquarie Regional Library - (02) 6801 4501
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)