Library Services Lead
- MOA Level 7, commencing at $109,077.54 + 10.5% superannuation
- Full time, permanent position
- Located primarily at Unley Library, while also working at the Goodwood Library
The role of Library Services Lead is an exciting new opportunity to drive the operations of the Unley Library service. Reporting to the Manager Community and Cultural Centres, this position is part of a hardworking and passionate team tasked with enhancing literacy, lifelong learning, connection and participation across our library service and broader community.
As Library Services Lead, you will be responsible for leading the library team to provide outstanding service and ensuring that our libraries are operating effectively and efficiently, ensuring maximum value to our community. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and people leadership and will seek to deliver best practise through a continuous improvement and innovation lens. Your leadership of the library team will facilitate positive change and influence and will drive strategic projects.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in library and information management or equivalent that provides eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Highly developed skills in leadership, strategic planning, communication, financial management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Significant people leadership experience in a Library environment
- Experience in managing workloads and coordinating the staff roster to ensure that services are provided to a high standard
- Previous experience in leading within an operations or customer service environment within Local Government
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing complex queries, customer complaints and incidents
- It will also be critical that you hold a Department Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check or have the ability to obtain one as part of the recruitment process
The role offers outstanding conditions of employment and benefits that are designed to attract and retain the best people. As a member of our team you will benefit from:
- supportive, flexible environment with balance
- competitive salary and conditions
- ongoing support for your development and further education
- complimentary access to Journey Insurance and Income Protection Fund
- holistic health and wellbeing programs
The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
We are passionate leaders in many fields and believe that what we do makes a positive difference to our community.
All enquiries and applications will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Rebecca Cox, Manager Community and Cultural Centres on 08 83725129.
Applications should include a Cover Letter and Resume expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position.
Applications close midnight, Friday 9 September 2022
City of Unley is a diverse and inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to the application process to enable you to apply.