Library Services Officer (1782)
Requisition ID 1782 - Posted 12/05/2022 - Libraries - Full Time
Neighbouring the Queensland capital of Brisbane, Ipswich is both the state’s fastest growing area and oldest provincial city. It is a dynamic blend of rich heritage, proud communities, diverse landscapes, and a lively energy all contributing to a region full of liveability and opportunity.
Ipswich City Council currently employs more than 1200 people and promotes a workplace culture built on our values of communication, collaboration, integrity, efficiency, and leadership. Council teams operate across a range of industries delivering a wide range of services to the community, with one common purpose:
‘To proudly enhance the quality of life for our community'
We achieve this by embedding our values in all that we do. Our high performing teams are making a positive difference in the community, and you can be a part of history in shaping the future of this region, which is a catalyst for major growth.
About the role
As the Library Services Officer you will be part of the Library Branch Services team and will be responsible for supporting day-to-day library operations and providing effective customer service to a diverse audience. Ipswich Libraries is a dynamic and innovative provider of a range of library and information services and resources to the community.
Your main focus will be to provide support in the operations and functions of the library service through effective and efficient delivery of library services to the community.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective point of need customer services
- Ensuring exemplary and positive customer experience
- Providing day-to-day operational and administrative support
- Applying substantial interpersonal skills to engage customers
- Assisting customers with varying queries across a range of resources
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An excellent fit with our values of communication, collaboration, integrity, efficiency and leadership
- Minimum education Year 12 or equivalent
- Current Queensland C class driver’s licence
- The ability to be resilient, agile and a supportive team member
- A certificate in a relevant discipline is desirable
A medical is required with the capacity to undertake a range of manual handling tasks involved in day-to-day operations of a library service.
To view the full position description, click here
What's on offer?
This is a full-time position averaging 38 hours per week roster, Level 2 with a salary commencing at $63,228 plus employer superannuation of up to 12%.
- Become a key member of a team that is passionate and dedicated to building a positive, inclusive and constructive workplace culture
- Genuine demonstrated commitment to flexible work
- Working in a team based at Ipswich Central Library
- Four (4) weeks annual leave pro rata with 17.5% loading
- Ongoing learning and development and career opportunities
- A range of progressive health and wellbeing services
If you feel you are a good fit with our values and are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for the Ipswich community, then this could be the role for you.
How to Apply
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages describing how and why your skills and experience will assist Council to achieve the results required for this role
- a resume of no more than 4 pages
Closing date: 22 May 2022, 4.30pm.
Please direct any related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police record checks).
Ipswich City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace by supporting equal opportunities regardless of gender, culture, generation, sexual orientation or disability. We promote a respectful workplace culture that is free from all forms of harassment, workplace bullying, discrimination and violence.