Library Services Officer (Casual)
- Work Type: Casual
- Opening and Closing Dates: Tuesday, 12 September, 2023 to Sunday, 1 October, 2023
- Contact Person: Colleen Adams
- Contact Number: 03 5755 0555
- Department: Customer Experience
Rewarding casual position
Innovative and modern workplace
Seeking an energetic and engaging personality
An ideal opportunity exists for a person that is passionate about Libraries to join our team at the Bright and Myrtleford Libraries to assist in the delivery a high quality and innovative library service
Alpine Shire Council is situated in the stunning high-country region of North East Victoria. We are surrounded by spectacular mountains with plenty of natural waterways for you to enjoy. Renowned as one of Victoria’s premier holiday destinations, this spectacular region is an adventure and nature lover’s paradise, just a stone’s throw from the Victorian ski fields. It is a tree-change opportunity like no other.
How you'll make a difference
We are very lucky in the Alpine Shire to have three wonderful libraries for our community to visit, explore and enjoy. Join our wonderful and friendly Library team to assist in the delivery of our high quality and innovative library services.
As part of our team you shall assist in effectively delivering comprehensive and timely library services to our communities in Bright, Mount Beauty and Myrtleford.
- Perfect work life balance with an adventure, nature and food lovers paradise on your doorstep
- Enjoy the rural lifestyle and be welcomed by a friendly community who love where they live
- Innovative and modern workplace
Our ideal candidate
With your excellent customer service and communication skills, you will be able to work with the library team to continue to offer an excellent service. You can multi-task, prioritise, meet deadlines and use technology and innovative software solutions to get your job done well.
You’ll be available and willing to work on some Saturdays and at the three Alpine Shire Libraries.
Your enthusiasm and confidence will have a positive influence on those around you, and your professionalism will enhance Council’s reputation as a responsive and efficient organisation.
You will also have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Drivers licence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound computer skills and ability to learn different systems quickly.
- Certificate 4 or tertiary qualification recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association is desirable
- Working with Children Check
- An energetic and engaging personality
- Casual position
- $38.80 per hour including superannuation.
- Band 3, Alpine Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2020
- People of all genders, ages and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Based in Bright, Myrtleford and Mount Beauty
- Contact Colleen Adams on Ph (03) 5755 0555
Position Description: Library Services Officer Position Description.pdf (185.04 KB)