Library Specialist, Content and Collection
Fixed Term Part-Time
About the role:
We are seeking a Library Specialist, Content and Collections to work on a fixed term part-time basis of 5.5 hours in a fortnight until June 30, 2023.
Reporting to the Learning Communities Manager, the Library Specialist, Content and Collections position is responsible for the selection and acquisition of appropriate resources in line with collection guidelines, City procurement policies and guidelines, and within operational budgets. The position also has responsibility for the allocation of resources across the 6 branch libraries, monitoring the performance of the collection and optimising the value of the collection through online platforms and in-house marketing and promotion opportunities.
In particular, this role will work closely with local Indigenous communities in the City of Swan on a range of projects that align to the City’s Reconciliation Action Plan. The role will be responsible for developing library services, collections and programs that highlight and showcase Indigenous culture.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Content and Collection strategy inclusive of current community demographic profiles to ensure best practise
- Lead the selection and acquisition of appropriate resources in line with collection guidelines and community need
- Manage the procurement of resources within City guidelines and budgetary constraints
- Manage procurement contracts and relationships with suppliers
- Supervise allocated Information Officers to ensure effective use of allocated resources
- Assist in the development of innovative practices and service delivery models to enhance library services for the community
- Initiate and undertake special projects as required by the relevant Learning Communities Manager
- Attend, participate and provide representation at relevant meetings, professional activities and committees, both internally and externally
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or working towards, and/or significant and relevant work experience
- Experience in providing high level customer service
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with well-developed organisation and time management skills
- Sound understanding of the role and value of public libraries
- Must be able to work in line with the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions
- A satisfactory National Police Certificate is required
- A current Working with Children check
About working with us:
The salary for this position will be from $85,131.74 - $99,517.43 per annum pro rata, depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
You will also enjoy benefits including:
- Flexibility to balance work and life through supported work from home
- Excellent leave entitlements e.g. purchase additional leave, Local Government public holiday
- Up to 16.00% Superannuation
- Comprehensive employee wellness program
- Generous study assistance
- Free parking
About the City:
The City of Swan is the largest local government area within metropolitan Perth, Western Australia, covering more than 1,043 square kilometres, and located less than 30 minutes from the CBD. Our purpose at the City is to improve the quality of life for all of the people who live in, work in and visit the City of Swan by delivering our vision of ‘one city, diverse people, culture and places’ through shared values of respect, excellence, accountability and leadership.
At the City of Swan we are committed to recruiting and retaining the right people and creating a great place to work. We offer our employees real careers, real impact, and real rewards.
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact Katy directly on (08) 9267 9028.
For queries regarding the application process, please contact our friendly People Services team on (08) 9267 9014.
To apply please submit a cover letter of no more than 1 page that outlines why you would be a good fit for this role, and a resume via the link.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 September, 2022 at 11pm.
We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds and encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples, and individuals who may identify as LGBTIQ, with disability, a culturally and linguistically diverse background, and people of all ages.
Attachments:- Library Specialist, Content and Collections PD.pdf | Apply