Library Support Assistant (Technical Services)
Job No: CVC44031501 | Location: Clarence Valley NSW
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- Permanent part time - 42 hours per fortnight
- salary - $27.04 - $32.25 per hour, plus superannuation
- location - Grafton
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve your community? Do you like a variety of work in a fun quirky environment surrounded by books?
This position will:
- Undertake end processing of library stock to shelf ready standards
- Assist in an effective courier exchange system to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist with the maintenance of the library’s collection
- Work with a wide variety of people, staff, volunteers, community members
The successful applicant will:
- Have a “helpful” outlook
- Be passionate about quality service provision
- Be able to follow instructions and also think for themselves
- Have good communication skills
- Be a valued member of a team
Download the position description here.
Monique Buchbach, Senior Library Officer (Technical Services) on (02) 6641 0114.
Tuesday, 19 October 2021 at 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Sir Earle Page Library, Grafton, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
** In accordance with the requirement for "Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working with Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the 'Clearance to Work with Children' provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.