Library Support Officer (Home Library)
Job No: CVC44036201 | Location: Clarence Valley NSW
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time -70 hours per fortnight
- the package: $55,760 - $66,495 plus superannuation, per annum
- location - Grafton
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- enjoy the benefits of flex time
- access to fitness passport
About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve your community? Do you like a variety of work in a fun quirky environment surrounded by books?
This position will:
- Coordinate and develop the Home Library Service for the Clarence Valley
- Develop programs and initiatives that foster social inclusion for users of the Home Library Service
- Ensure the efficient and effective provision of reference and reader advisory services to the users of the Grafton Library as part of the Clarence Regional Library network
- Coordinate volunteers and engage with local organisations to deliver and expand the provision of the Home Library service to meet local demand
- Work with a wide variety of people, staff, volunteers, community members
The successful applicant will:
- Have a “helpful” outlook
- Be passionate about quality service provision
- Be able to follow instructions and also think for themselves
- Have good communication skills
- Be a valued member of a team
Download the position description here.
Katrina Shillam, Team Leader (Grafton Library) on (02) 6641 0101
Tuesday 20 September 2022, 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Sir Earle Page Library in Grafton, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.