Library Systems Project Officer
Closing Date: 30/11/2023
Salary: $67,588.25 - $71,036.68
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Albany Public Library
The City of Albany is one of Western Australia’s most important and historic regional Cities. The services, facilities and activities that we offer are continually evolving and expanding. As an employee of the City, you can help us to reach our full potential. We employ around 450 staff members and provide an exceptional and committed service to the City of Albany and we create an environment where every employee has an opportunity to succeed. We are committed to a more diverse workforce and promote diversity and equal opportunity employment.
Reporting to the Library Systems Coordinator, this role will see you responsible for assisting in the implementation of the 2024 Spydus Consortium bulk migration project, contributing to effective service delivery at the Albany Public Library and consortium through administrative and technical support, and supervision of library officers and volunteers, all while delivering high quality customer service to Library staff and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
Supervisory experience in libraries at a professional level and Tertiary Qualifications in Information Technology or Librarianship or working towards qualifications is desirable for this position. Experience in IT systems, technology and online service support and maintenance is essential for this position.
The successful candidate will also have the following skills;
- Well-developed computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7-11 and Microsoft Office 365, internet applications, database and online subscription services, IT network and server systems, Library Management Systems, computer hardware and software applications, and technology trends and applications.
- Strong technical expertise in using mobile, desktop and web-based applications.
- Well-developed time management and organisation skills with the ability to set own priorities, plan and organise work.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed customer relations skills with strong customer service focus.
- Highly developed teamwork skills.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement, and promote programs and promotional activities under guidance from senior staff members.
If you meet the above requirements, have experience working in a similar position and are passionate about working for the City of Albany, please apply.
Interested? Please see the full job information kit below.
If you are having any difficulties or for further assistance with the process please contact People and Culture at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or on 6820 3110.
Role related queries should be directed to Kimberley Stoney, Library Systems Coordinator at mailto:email@example.com or on (08) 6820 3613.
Deadline: Applications close 5pm, Thursday 30 November 2023