Library Team Member
Job No: CC220638
Cumberland City Council is located within the fast-growing Central City District and is on the doorstep of two of Greater Sydney’s new cities, between the Greater Parramatta and Olympic Park (GPOP) area and the new Western Parkland City. The Central City District is benefiting from unprecedented city-scale infrastructure investments, making this an exciting time to join Cumberland.
Located 20km west of Sydney on Dharug country, with a population of 240,000 residents, Cumberland is the fourth most populous LGA in Greater Sydney. Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia, with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another.
Our people are focused on driving community outcomes, programs and services to innovate, inspire and deliver change for the community we represent.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. Council has worked hard to fulfil its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Libraries team operate eight (8) locations across the Cumberland LGA and assist customers and members of the public with locating materials, answering questions and providing guidance on research strategies.
The team also hold a wide variety of events across these locations, ranging from educational and cultural programs to social and community-building activities.
The Library Team Member is responsible for carrying out customer service duties efficiently and professionally, and to provide high quality customer service to both internal and external library customers. This role also has the opportunity to participate in the delivery of programs and activities including children's story time, adult classes and events. You will assist customers to access library resources, basic troubleshooting for technology systems and resolving queries.
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience in a library or similar customer service environment
- Well developed literacy, numeracy and oral communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team
- Experience in using computers and the internet in a professional environment
- Working With Children Check number.
Download the position description here for more information.
Position information: Council has 1 x permanent, and 1 x part-time positions available which may be required to work across any of Council’s work locations including other libraries.
- Permanent, full-time position - working 70 hours a fortnight on a rotating roster between Monday to Sunday, 8:00am to 8:00pm, with access to Council's 9 day fortnight Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangement (where applicable). This position is predominately based at Auburn Library.
- Permanent, part-time position - working 35 hours a fortnight, predominately based at Wentworthville Library, on the following roster:
- Saturday: 9:00am - 4:05 pm
- Sunday : 1:50pm - 5:05 pm
- Monday: 4:00pm - 8:05 pm
- Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:05 pm
Council fully supports the aims and objectives of NSW Child Protection Legislation, and associated provisions, and will implement all necessary measures to ensure a safe and supporting Council environment, which endeavours to promote child safe child friendly practices. It is essential for applicants to submit their WWCC number with their application. It is an offence under NSW legislation for barred workers to apply for or otherwise attempt to obtain, undertake or remain in child-related employment.
Salary information: The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award.
- Grade 6 of the Cumberland Salary Structure with a salary rate of $32.53 to $37.42 per hour, plus 11% superannuation.
- The commencing salary will be negotiated, taking into consideration the successful applicant's qualifications, skills and experience related to the role.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- We promote work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including an additional three (3) days' leave for front-facing roles that are unable to access working from home arrangements
- Training and professional development opportunities available to develop skills and grow your career
- Leave entitlements including annual leave, personal leave, parental leave and access to Long Service Leave after five (5) years (where applicable)
- Three (3) additional grant days of paid leave over Christmas (where applicable)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs to support our staff by providing access to online professional learning, paid leave to undertake annual skin checks, COVID-19 vaccinations and to donate blood
- Subsidies to assist with the cost of wellness and fitness activities
- Free access to Council owned swimming pools
- Access to Council's Fitness Passport Program and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks required for the position. This may include criminal record checks, qualification and licence checks, and proof of the right to work in Australia (please refer to the position description for the specific qualifications and requirements for this role). Copies of sighted documents will be kept by Council for its records as proof of verification.
Council's COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure has been designed and adopted to protect the health and safety of our people, our customers and the community. It is a condition of employment that all applicants produce evidence of their vaccination status as part of the employment screening process.
Enquiries: Telephone Kylie Vella, Team Leader Library Operations on (02) 8757 9505 for further information.
Closing date: 11:59 pm, on Monday 20 November 2023
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire HERE. You'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.