Job No: CEN2847 | Location: Central Coast NSW
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Kincumber NSW
- Be part of a diverse and active library community
- Deliver a range of library services and programs to meet community needs
- Permanent Full Time position working 140 hours over each 4 week period
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Kincumber Library is a well loved fixture in the local community, serving a diverse base of regular library users. This is an exciting opportunity to deliver high quality library services and innovative programs to meet community needs, as well as drive increased engagement with Council Libraries, making the region a place of lifelong learning.
Shifts may be rostered from Monday to Saturday between 8am and 9pm however the majority of work is between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday at Kincumber Library, and 1 Saturday each month at another library branch.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Provide the full suite of library services to our customers to meet business, educational, informational and recreational needs of the community;
- Provide guidance and support to the team to ensure a collaborative and positive approach to the delivery of library operations;
- Prepare and deliver programs which meet the needs of the diverse community we serve and stimulate interest in, and engagement with, our libraries;
- Assist patrons in the use of library based technologies including electronic catalogues and other contemporary library resources, as well as their own devices.
- You ideally hold a Diploma of Library and Information Services, or related field, or you can demonstrate solid contemporary experience in a similar role combined with ongoing professional development;
- You are tech savvy with sound experience supporting customers in the use of a range of contemporary technologies and devices;
- You have a customer centric approach to service delivery, ensuring a positive experience for all customers interacting with the library;
- Your positive and collaborative style ensures you inspire great team work;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of community oriented library professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $57.6k to $69.2k per annum + 10% superannuation. Penalty rates apply for weekend work.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Kirsten Paterson Supervisor, Branch Library Kincumber (Wednesday to Friday) on (02) 4304 7641, or Nicole Barr, Team Leader Library Branches on 0417 091 398.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 29 May 2022.
To apply click here