Library Technician - Customer Service - Casual
Job No: BC2761 | Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, halfway between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 415,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
We are seeking enthusiastic, qualified Library Technicians to join our team of experienced casual staff. The successful applicants will provide outstanding customer service at our branch libraries and mobile library service. You will demonstrate excellent foundational skills in circulation and information services, be a skilled communicator and enjoy working with a wide variety of colleagues and customers.
This position will suit you if you are self-motivated, enjoy learning, and are confident with technology. You will also participate in the delivery of library programs and mobile services.
Qualifications and experience
- Library Technician Diploma, Associate Diploma or equivalent, as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Previous library experience
- Demonstrated strong commitment to a customer focused service
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Relevant computer skills
- Current class C driver’s licence
- Working with Children Check number.
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Entry level for this position starts at $36.1563 per hour plus 25% casual loading
- Employee benefits 11% employer contribution payable to your nominated superannuation fund, Fitness Passport, gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-for-a-working-with-children-check.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
Apply now using our fast and easy-to-use online application process:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing date: Friday 16 February 2024, 11.59 pm
Contact officer: Samantha Cadwallen on (02) 9839 6617
Internal ref: Casual