Library Technology and Digital Projects Officer (2092)
Closing date: 12:00 AM, 30 September 2022 | Part-time (Permanent Part-Time)
Level 3 $75,193.99 - $81,358.06 per annum, plus super | Download Job Ad
- Are you committed to thinking outside the box and challenging the norm?
- Are you future focussed and willing to explore what might be possible?
- Do you have a desire to deliver amazing community outcomes and embrace new and exciting technologies?
If you are answering "yes, yes, yes" then this is the job for you.
The City of Marion has three library locations - Cove Civic Centre, Marion Cultural Centre and Park Holme all of which provide traditional services and a wide range of growing online programs for children and adults.
There is now a position available for a customer focussed technically adept Technology and Digital Projects Officer to support the development, coordination and delivery of technology and digital services, and the maintenance of current systems and services across Libraries and Centres.
This position will mostly be based at the Marion Culture Centre library but will also contribute and travel from time to time to our other libraries.
A day in life in this position will include, but not be limited to the following.
- Undertaking system administration work as required to provide reliability and continuity to ensure a high quality of service to customers and staff at Libraries and Centres.
- Developing and maintaining Library Website pages and other online services.
- Delivering technology and digital services training for staff.
- Providing service wide support to staff in Libraries and Centres in using ICT systems.
- Proactively working towards solving ICT issues and support staff across Libraries and Centres.
- Providing support in the implementation of Technology and Digital Service Projects across Libraries and Centres.
As a member of the Library Team, you will be expected to actively contribute to the libraries strategic objectives, stay informed and up to date of innovative trends within the broader library sector, and create and develop networking opportunities within the South Australian Public Library Network (SAPLN)
It is expected that you will have a high level of proficiency in the use and administration of library management systems and other contemporary ICT technologies relevant to libraries and Centres. This would include include the Internet, online databases, digital asset management, discovery layers, print management, PC reservation systems and Microsoft Office suite.
Whilst prior library experience will be valued, those that have the interpersonal and technical attributes combined with an enthusiasm for the application of technology in public libraries and centres and a willingness to learn new systems will also be considered.
This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to maintain solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
As an ongoing commitment to the organization, you will be responsible for delivering the best service to our community and to improve residents’ quality of life; continuously, smartly, and efficiently in the scope of your daily work.
Your commitment to displaying the values of the organisation – Achievement, Innovation, Respect, and Integrity – while delivering a quality customer experience to our community will make you a valued team member.
Please Note: This role is a .8 position. Potential hours could be 8:30-2:30 Monday to Friday. You may be required to work one weekend a month. There will be some travel to our libraries involved.
To see more information about our libraries please see www.marion.sa.gov.au/venues-and-facilities/libraries
For further information, please contact Aaron Bridge on 08 8375 6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closing date is COB Friday 30th Sept, 2022 | Apply Online
The City of Marion values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.