Local History Officer
This is a 14-month fixed-term full-time position.
Connecting people to deliver services to our community.
At the City of PAE, we work Better Together to deliver meaningful outcomes, we Grow & Improve our work every day, to ensure we Make a Difference for our community. Our organisational values underpin our constructive culture. We are supportive, we take on challenges, seize opportunities, build great relationships and we are proud of what we deliver for our community. We are connected!
The City of PAE is committed to ensuring our employees represent the diversity of the community we serve. Diversity at the City of PAE means a workplace where individuals are recognised, respected, and engaged in ways that develop and harness everyone’s strengths.
We provide excellent working conditions with job security, flexible working arrangements and support for professional development.
We currently have an exciting role for you to join the City of PAE Libraries Local History Team.
In this position, you will contribute to the collection and access of the City of PAE community’s rich stories, history and artefacts for both current and future generations.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide welcoming, knowledgeable customer service that supports the community’s access to Library services such as information and resources, technology, programs, and spaces
- Supports the maintenance of, access to, and development of the Local and Family History Collections.
- Supports the team in the delivery of Heritage Strategies and objectives.
- Delivers programs and promotional activities that increase the community's awareness and access to the Local History Collection and Services.
- Provides accurate, evidence-based, trusted information that meets the reference and research needs of users of the Local History Collection, family and local history researchers, Council staff, and the broader community.
- Utilises expert cataloguing and data entry skills to create and maintain quality records that enable customers to easily discover information and resources.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience in Cataloguing and RDA is essential
- A Diploma in Library & Information Management is desirable or an ALIA-recognised cataloguing course
- Knowledge of local history best practices, resources and collections is highly desirable
- Experience in providing front-line customer service in a community setting is desirable
- Current WWCC & Vulnerable Person Related Clearance (or willing to obtain).
More information can be found in the Position Description located below.
This is a Level 3 position which has a current salary range of $80,915 - $87,019 (plus Super).
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Rachael Thomas on 0475 600 762 or Janice Curtis on 0409 167 464.
To apply, simply complete the application process by clicking the ‘Apply’ button and attach your cover letter and resume.
Applications close at 5 pm on Monday 25th September | APPLY NOW
The City of PAE values diversity and inclusion and we encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people living with disabilities, young people, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to providing an accessible and inclusive workplace. We welcome a discussion around any workplace adjustments you may require.
#bettertogether #growandimprove #makeadifference