Manager - Central West Libraries
- Posted: 12/01/2021
- Closing Date: 31/01/2021
- Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Location: Orange City Council
- Job Category: Education, Childcare & Training,Executive & Strategic Management
Salary Package: up to $152,000 per annum (including superannuation)
Leaseback Vehicle Available
Relocation assistance to be negotiated with the successful applicant if relocating to Orange.
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Situated in the Central West of NSW, only 3 ½ hours west of Sydney, Orange is a vibrant and diverse place to live, offering all the benefits of a busy city life in the calm of a regional location. With award winning restaurants and wineries and a vibrant and ever expanding arts, cultural and music scene you can have the best of both worlds, all within a short drive from your front door.
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
About Central West Libraries
Central West Libraries is a regional library services located across the Central Tablelands and Western Slopes of NSW. Established in 1958 the Library encompasses the Local Government areas of Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, and Orange. The Libraries support and administrative units are located in the Orange City Library building. The Library covers an area of 15,348 square km and serve a population of 86,113.
About the role
Reporting to the Director Community Recreation and Cultural Services, this role will be responsible for the management of Central West Libraries, consisting of 7 branches, and Council’s Community Museums and Heritage programs. This includes:
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to Central West Libraries on behalf the participating Councils (Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes and Orange)
- Leading and promoting a strong customer service culture
- Interacting with the wider community across the Central West Libraries footprint
- Developing and maintaining sound planning, financial and service models
- Identifying and exploring collaborative opportunities for the Community Museums and Heritage programs
A full list of job responsibilities can be found in the position description.
So what do you need?
- Extensive experience in providing strategic leadership, influencing and leading change and establishing a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Excellent people and communication skills particularly in building and sustaining relationships, team building and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to nurture high team performance with the ability to guide, coach, mentor and develop staff
- High level awareness of current trends and issues in the Library and Information and wider GLAM sector and an ongoing commitment to professional development
- Degree or post graduate qualifications in Library and Information Science or equivalent providing eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check (or ability to obtain before starting)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
If you are interested, please click Apply. Please include a copy of your CV and a cover letter (max 3 pages) addressing how you meet the capabilities listed above.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Scott Maunder, Director Community Recreation and Cultural Services on (02) 6393 8141.
Applications close 11pm Sunday 31 January 2021
Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.