Manager Community Learning & Participation
Closing date: 04/06/2023 11:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Location: Brimbank Community & Civic Centre, Brimbank Community & Civic Centre
Department: Community Learning & Participation
Employment type: SO/SEO Contract
Exciting opportunity to join one of Melbourne's largest municipalities.
Located in the centre of Melbourne's growing west, Brimbank City Council is a local government that is welcoming, diverse and proud - just like the community we serve.
Being community first underpins everything we do. We work and advocate for our community, being innovative, future-focused and responsive and apply these same principles to the way we work with each other every day.
Every person working for Brimbank City Council shares our aspiration to make our City the best it can be!
Reporting to the Director Community and Wellbeing, the Manager Community Learning and Participation leads the Community Learning & Participation Department: Arts & Culture, Libraries, Neighbourhood Houses and Learning units. The role seeks to develop and promote lifelong and life wide learning, social connections and creativity to support better social and economic outcomes for individuals and the community.
The role is a key contributor to the strategic, financial and cultural leadership of the organisation as part of a high performing Senior Leadership Team, living the values and modelling our culture.
In fulfilling these responsibilities the position will lead, manage and ensure the delivery of the following services:
- Council's libraries, Neighbourhood houses, Brimbank Learning Futures and Arts facilities operations
- Unit operations performance, community satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Unit planning and reporting in line with Council strategic Planning and Brimbank Community Vision 2040
To be considered you will have:
- A relevant tertiary and/or post graduate qualification (e.g. Library/Information Management, Community Development, Arts or related field)
- High level experience in strategic planning, project management, performance monitoring and reporting in a community service context
- Demonstrated ability and success in leading and managing community programs, services and projects with a learning focus to support better social and economic outcomes
- Demonstrated experience and success in policy and strategy development
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading and managing staff and multidisciplinary teams
A Position Description for this role is attached. To apply, please include your Resume and a Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages, outlining how you can deliver on the key aspects of the role and how you will assist Brimbank in 'becoming the best it can be'.
Brimbank City Council is a Child Safe organisation and endeavouring to promote child safe, child friendly practices.
To be eligible for employment at Brimbank City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Brimbank City Council actively encourages applicants from aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with disability, and LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore the opportunity of a career at Brimbank. If you have any support or access requirements, or would like to speak to someone about employment process please contact People Culture and Wellbeing on 92494000.
All applications should be submitted online by clicking on 'Apply' link.
Direct any queries regarding the role to: Lynley Dumble - LynleyD@brimbank.vic.gov.au
If you want to know more about what we do or why you should work for Brimbank City Council check out the following web page: https://www.brimbank.vic.gov.au/careers