Manager Libraries and Arts
Melton | Reference: 5148446
Full Time Position | 5 Year Contract Term
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated including option for novated lease vehicle
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people's professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to join and lead our Library and Arts Service Unit. We are looking for someone who has a strong community focus, strong people management, coaching and technical expertise as we adapt our services to meet the changing needs of our community.
- This position reports to the General Manager Community Services
- Stakeholders include local, regional and State and Federal bodies
- This position will lead the Libraries and Arts Services Unit to deliver programs and activities and development initiatives to maximise the potential of the facilities.
- Provide the Executive with timely and accurate management information and advice relating to the activities of the Libraries and Arts.
- Ensure the Libraries and Arts activities comply with statutory and legal requirements especially in the areas of risk management and occupational health and safety.
- Actively work with local, regional and State and Federal bodies, to ensure services are coordinated and consistent with industry standards. Work with local service providers and community groups to ensure that programs related to Libraries and Arts meet the expectations of the community.
- Financial management, monitoring and reporting of the budgets related to all aspects of the service.
- Monitor and review the Department's organisational, strategic, operational/business plans to support the objectives outlined in the Councils strategic documents.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Library and Arts service provision.
- Extensive skills in coaching and mentoring staff.
- High level research and analytical skills and the ability to translate evidence-based research into practical and achievable outcomes or initiatives.
- Knowledge of facilities management, including strategic and operational planning, compliance and risk management.
- Knowledge of community development principles, IT and support systems, library and Arts provision, including program and service delivery models specific to customer requirements.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Maurie Heaney, General Manager Community Services on (03) 9747 5436.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 7 August 2020
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications Close: 07 Aug 2020