Manager Library & Museum Services - (POS1392)
1 x Permanent Full Time – 35 hours, 5 days per week
Closing Date: 27/11/2023
Welcome to your new place of work! Yellamundie, Councils new Civic Place Library and Gallery opens this December 2023, giving Liverpool residents and staff an amazing state of the art building to enjoy. With 1.5 kilometres of bookshelves, sunken courtyard garden, creative space studio programs and a gallery for changing exhibitions.
As the Library and Museum Services Manager, you will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team, overseeing library facilities, programs, and services to meet community needs.
Liverpool City Council is one of the fastest growing and New South Wales’s third CBD also known as the Gateway City to Western Sydney Airport. Here we like to do things differently; our focus is on effective solutions to everyday issues, finding innovative ways of servicing our City and providing outstanding customer experience to all our residents and visitors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Leading Council in the development of innovative and best practice Library and Museum strategy, with service delivery outcomes to achieve business results against Council’s strategic directrions.
You will provide and contribute to:
§ Strategic Leadership – Visionary leadership to drive strategic initiatives.
§ Innovative Solutions – Enhancing service effectiveness and keeping the organisation at the forefront of library services.
§ Resource Acquisition – Secure funding and resources and cultivate strategic partnerships, library impact and reach of library services.
§ Financial Oversight – Develop, monitor, and control budgets to support long-term goals and objectives.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Be rewarded with an attractive annual salary package (Salary will be dependent upon the relevant skills, experience, and competencies of the successful applicant.)
- Council offers career progression opportunities & ongoing support.
- Free parking available on site and close to public transport.
- Access to mentoring and coaching from Snr team members.
- Internal professional Learning and Development
- Fitness Passport
- Generous leave provisions including access to Flexi time accrual, LSL after 5 years and 2 Health and Wellbeing Days per year.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their competency in the following essential areas:
- Recognised tertiary qualification in Information Science / Librarianship or related discipline, desirable but not essential a professional membership of the Australian Library & Information Association.
- Demonstrated experience, within a Public Library setting, in building and leading a cohesive team with a constructive culture and record of achieving strategic objectives.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
At LCC we know that our people are our most valuable investment. They are the creative drive behind Councils major projects, their skills and knowledge contribute to council short- and long-term objectives.
For further information about the position please contact Tina Bono, Director Community and Lifestyles, on 02 8711 7413.
How to Apply: Please click the 'Apply' button above. Applicants must submit a covering letter, current resume and response to the selection/essential criteria questions which will be shown once you commence your application.
Liverpool City Council is committed to providing a working environment that supports all employees to reach their full potential.
To be eligible to apply for permanent positions at Liverpool City Council, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including First nation people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
Council will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with a disability throughout the recruitment process
**It is a condition of employment at Liverpool City Council, that you must be Covid-19 vaccinated.