Online Engagement Librarian
Reference number: 13467
Closing date: 11:45pm, Wednesday 27 January 2021
- Permanent Full-Time Position, 35 Hours Per Week
- $74,423.63 - $86,408.27 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Play a key role in online engagement with the community
About Moonee Valley City Council Libraries
Moonee Valley City Council provides library services at five locations across the municipality; Ascot Vale Library, Avondale Heights Library and Learning Centre, Flemington Library, Niddrie Library and Sam Merrifield Library (Moonee Ponds). Services include availability and loans of books and other materials, collection management, information provision, access to computers and the internet, online services and events and marketing.
Playing a key role in online engagement with the community, you will ensure that Council has a connected community with access to information, learning and leisure in a socially-inclusive environment. You will be responsible for overseeing and authoring the content of the library’s website and catalogue, as well as providing support in the creation of print and online communications collateral across the library service.
- Provide a strong customer-focused approach in all aspects of service delivery;
- Coordinate and publish all library related content for the website and Council’s events calendar;
- Manage the Libraries and Learning social media online presence, developing and publishing content within Council guidelines;
- Develop approaches to engage with library members through the online presence; and,
- Demonstrate leadership and a team approach to staff to ensure efficient operation of the library.
Skills & Experience
- An under-graduate or post-graduate library and information science qualification acceptable for Associate membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) together with relevant experience in the provision and promotion of public library services;
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills together with experience in delivering technology and online services within a public library setting;
- Excellent understanding of the online environment including web authoring skills and the development of online content;
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff and work well as part of a team, with excellent decision making and problem-solving skills; and,
- Current and valid Working with Children Check
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Justine Hanna, Team Leader Sam Merrifield Library & Customer Engagement on (03) 9242 1955.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email H2@mvcc.vic.gov.au or call 9243 1122.
- Essential: 1. An under-graduate or post-graduate library and information science qualification acceptable for Associate membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) together with relevant experience in the provision and promotion of public library services.
- Essential: 2. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills together with experience in delivering technology and online services within a public library setting.
- Essential: 3. Excellent understanding of the online environment including web authoring skills and the development of online content.
- Essential: 4. Demonstrated ability to lead staff and work well as part of a team, with excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Essential: 5. Demonstrated ability to liaise with and relate well to a diversity of people, including members of the public and external stakeholders, vendors and suppliers.
- Contact Person: Justine Hanna
- Contact Number: (03) 9243 1955
- Alternate Contact Person: Nicola Klein
- Alternate Contact Number: (03) 9243 1919
- Closing Date: 27/01/2021
Position Description available under Document/s above
Application Guide: View Guide