Operations Officer - Library Services
- Job Number:498270
- Division:Community & Environment
- Employment Status:Full time, Permanent
- Categories:Cultural Services
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
This role sits within our Cultural Services Department, which includes Galleries, Museums, Libraries, Heritage and Arts and Cultural Activation. Cultural Services aim to provide engaging leisure and learning experiences by connecting people to resources and each other. We strive for excellence when delivering exhibitions, information, collections, programs and spaces for our community and visitors. Our department employs approximately 220 staff over 16 venues throughout the region.
About our opportunity
We are currently seeking an Operations Officer based at North Lakes Library!
In this role, you will assist with overseeing the Moreton Bay Region Libraries casuals’ team, including managing and prioritising branch requests, deployment of team members, maintenance of rosters and reconciliation of placements. You will also oversee the daily operations of the libraries courier function providing supervisions and support to the team; roster and prioritise work tasks to ensure service delivery.
You will contribute to the development and review of library processes and provide support to branch services in the development and delivery of operational projects and initiatives.
We are looking for a natural leader who is passionate about providing an exceptional service to customers!
You will have experience in supervising team members in day to day library operations including rostering and the ability to effectively develop the library skillset of your team members.
You will also be experienced and knowledgeable in Public Library service delivery, including in the delivery of collections, programs, reference and reader advisory services. You will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to engage constructively and support customers to meet their needs.
As the library environment can be fast paced and is heavily customer focused, you will be able to:
- make decisions and manage your time effectively
- uphold professional conduct and professionalism
- encourage a positive working environment
- easily navigate and use databases, internet and online resources, social media and digital technologies such as tablets and eReader devices
To be able to work within the Library, it is essential you hold a Qld Working with Children Blue Card and therefore you will be asked this question in your application.
This role with Council offers excellent working conditions, generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%) and a 9-day fortnight in addition to four weeks paid annual leave per year.
Term: Permanent Full-time
Location: North Lakes
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 4 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $80,265 + Super + Leave Loading
Please note: this position requires the successful applicant to be available to work any 5 out of 7 days as part of the ordinary hours.
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Please refer to the Operations Officer Position Description for further information.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
Advertised: 09 August 2022
Applications close: 23 August 2022 23:55