Outreach and Programs Librarian
- Job no: 493034
- Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Penrith
- Categories: Library Services
- Salary: $80,034.00 to $92,642.00 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
The Penrith City Library Service provides an array of informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a home library service, community events and pop-up libraries, children’s and adult programming, physical and digital collections, local history collections and programs, and a toy library service. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to contribute to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing customer service duties at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. To supervise the provision of Home Library Services to eligible residents within the City. To plan, implement and promote the library’s programs and events held both within the library and outside the library. To establish and build partnerships with stakeholders to deliver library programs and services for all adult customers. To contribute to the planning and development of policies and procedures related to the operations of the home library service and the delivery of adult programs across all library branches. To demonstrate and promote Council Values – Show Respect, Be Accountable, Encourage Innovation. This position reports to the Library Programs Supervisor.
- Relevant degree qualifications with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association, or equivalent
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in a home library service or similar
- Experience in successfully sourcing, promoting and delivering a diverse range of library programs and workshops for adult audiences
- Strong project management and administrative skills with a proven ability to manage concurrent tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills and experience to lead a team with diverse responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in using library systems, online databases, digital platforms and electronic resources
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Public library experience
- Experience with working with community groups
Commencing Salary: $80,034.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position you have applied for.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Barjinder Kaur on (02) 4732 7777.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements, if applicable this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Advertised: 28 Sep 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Oct 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time