Programs and Community Outreach Librarian
- Fantastic opportunity to join our new Library outreach team
- Temporary full-time (3 years) planned commencement Nov 2021 – based at Williams Landing Library Lounge
- Salary from $76,380.41 plus super and fortnightly RDO
A bit about the role
The Programs and Community Outreach Librarian position is an exciting opportunity to join a brand-new team, delivering programs and services to the Williams Landing community. Located at a new site in the heart of Williams Landing Town Centre, this role is crucial for the success of this new library site and format for Wyndham. The space will be dynamic, and the programs timetable flexible, to accommodate the needs of the community.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the Williams Landing site including delivering a range of programs to all age groups, for example pre-school songs and stories, after school activities, and Language Café for adults. You will also be responsible for providing high quality customer service and information support to our library patrons and maintaining the Library Lounge space and collection.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who enjoys variety in their work and is confident engaging and interacting with all ages from diverse communities. To thrive in this role, you will be a positive, enthusiastic and flexible customer focused person, experienced in delivering targeted activities to enrich the lives of community members. You will have the ability to make decisions and work autonomously.
The Williams Landing Library Lounge is scheduled to open early 2022. In the meantime, this position will be expected to work across the library service at various locations to prepare for the launch of the new site. This position may also be required to alter their regular working hours to support evening and weekend events and programs on an ad-hoc basis. In addition, this position may be required to rotate to other branches in line with operational requirements and may be required to work rostered Saturday morning as part of a regular work pattern.
What you’ll deliver
- Plan, deliver and promote a range of quality outreach services and programs in a variety of formats
- Perform daily housekeeping, including maintenance and promotion of the small collection and emptying and restocking the Williams Landing Book Locker
- Contribute to the success of Library Services through active teamwork and effective performance of responsibilities and duties of this position
- Deliver quality reference and information services to library customers
What you’ll bring
- Up-to-date knowledge of library trends regarding the delivery of programs, library services and resources
- Experience delivering programs to children and families
- Experience working in public libraries
- Understanding of the Library and Community Learning goals within the broader organisational context
- Tertiary qualification in Information Management or equivalent with little or no relevant work experience, or lesser formal qualifications with relevant work experience
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact Stephanie Green, Team Leader Library Community Outreach on 03 8734 8948.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Monday, 11 October 2021.
We are a proud inclusive employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide diverse, safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Position Description: PD Current - City Life - LCL - Programs and Community Outreach Librarian - 204503