Programs and Engagement Librarian
Job No: COR989 | Location: Ryde
- Permanent position
- Join a collaborative and progressive team
- Exciting career opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Librarian
About the City of Ryde Libraries
The City of Ryde Libraries is comprised of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are vibrant and welcoming places in the local community. City of Ryde Libraries continue to innovate and strengthen our services with an emphasis on exciting new developments and emerging technologies in public libraries.
About the Role
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an innovative and customer focused library professional to play a key role in the development and delivery of the City of Ryde Libraries community and cultural programs.
In this dynamic role, you will use your significant experience to plan, promote and deliver a diverse suite of high quality library programs for our community. The primary focus of these programs will initially be for adults and seniors. You will also manage the provision and maintenance of the Community Information Database and associated directories to ensure accuracy and high quality.
You have a positive, high energy approach and enjoy engaging with the local community. You're experienced in developing, promoting and delivering programs and activities suitable for a range of identified target groups including digital capability and literacy skills for current and emerging technologies.
In addition, you will also have:
- Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), or have degree level qualifications in a related area
- Experience in the development, delivery, and promotion of library or similar cultural programs and activities
- Experience in the planning, promotion, delivery and evaluation of readers advisory services and programs including Author Talks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to facilitate meetings with a wide range of stakeholders, prepare and deliver presentations to diverse groups
- High level written communications skills
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for information technology and troubleshooting ability
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Check
Your commencing salary will be in the range $79,767 to $89,042 p.a. + superannuation, dependent upon relevant skills and experience
Culture & Benefits
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Generous uniform allowance
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your resume to complete the application process. Please note you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria. If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Angela Phippen on (02) 9952 8353 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 20 March 2022 @ 11:30 pm
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety