Programs Library Technician (Home Library)
Job No: COR852 | Location: Ryde, NSW
- Exciting career opportunity to join one of Sydney's most progressive Library Services
- Community focused role
- Work in a collaborative team environment
The City of Ryde Library Service comprises five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are places of social inclusion where members of our community borrow items for leisure and lifelong learning, learn about new technology, participate in activities, attend children’s and adults programs, and carry out research for school assignments or business projects. They are lively, busy places and serve a culturally diverse customer base.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced person to join the Programs Team in the outreach role of Programs Library Technician - Home Library. You will be passionate about working with the community and work collaboratively with the Programs Team to deliver the home library service and other community events and programs. You will have a high customer service focus to meet the needs of the City’s diverse community, a good understanding of the role of public libraries, and the ability to contribute to the continuous improvement and development of library services.
Your focus will be to
- Utilise your passion for working with seniors, homebound and CALD community groups as part of targeted service delivery
- Effectively prioritise tasks and multi-task to ensure service provision of both Home Library Service and branch duties
- Use your knowledge of and enthusiasm for information technology, and troubleshooting ability for the effective and efficient delivery of Library services
- Use your strong aptitude for readers advisory work for the selection of materials and assist in the management of collections
- Consistently provide excellent customer service
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to plan and deliver community focus programs and services
Your commencing salary is negotiable up to $65,768.87 (plus Superannuation) depending on your experience and qualifications. Please note that this position involves regular rostered weekend and evening shifts.
Note: This is a Child Related position and employment is subject to verification of the Working With Children Check status. The cost of obtaining a WWC clearance is at the applicant's expense. For more information please go to the Office of the Children's Guardian website.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Uniform and equipment supplied
- Learning & Development opportunities (training, opportunities to relive in higher paid positions, etc)
- Collaborative team environment who are passionate about the services they provide
- Various health & well-being initiatives (monthly fresh fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Angela Phippen on (02) 9952 8353 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Tuesday 24 November 2020 at 11:30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer