Roster Administration Officer
Fixed-term 8 month maternity leave contract, full-time, 76 hours per fortnight
Band 4, $61,790 - $66,717 plus superannuation pro-rata
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join an industry leader in a thriving regional community. As the Roster Administration Officer you are responsible for the allocation of our Library Officer shifts at the Geelong Library and Heritage Centre, ensuring staff have all shifts filled within a reasonable time frame. You will be working closely with the Library Coordinator and Assistant Branch Librarian, ensuring great customer service. Rostering experience is desirable however training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Ideally you will have an understanding of the role of public libraries, experience in engaging and working with a customer focused team, the capacity to build relationships and a relevant tertiary qualification are necessary in order for you to meet expectations in the role.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing effective and efficient rostering and administrative services to support the provision of exemplary library services at the iconic Geelong Library & Heritage Centre
- Review and ensure the timely and accurate provision of staff to support the daily branch roster
- Act as the point of contact for GLHC library staff in relation to rostering and leave requirements
- Support the GLHC Branch Librarian and Assistant Branch Librarian in the delivery of library services as required
In return, you will receive many benefits from us including:
- As a learning organisation, we are committed to personal and professional growth and provide ample professional development opportunities
- Every single role at GRLC contributes to meet the needs of our community, your role makes a difference for our members
- As a value-based and caring employer, we also offer purchase leave arrangements, carry-over arrangements from Local Government sector, local Employee Assistance Program and annual free vaccination reimbursement.
Applications should be made via our website www.grlc.vic.gov.au where a Position Description will be available and the application process is detailed.
Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description cannot be considered.
Applications Close 9th May 2021
Established in 1997, the Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is a consistently-recognised industry leader in Victoria. We take our mission of a thriving regional community to heart and are an exemplary library service that creates opportunities for our community to read, learn, work and connect with each other and the world.
Not only are we the custodians and distributors of accumulated knowledge and resources, lead the way in technology and innovation to ensure inclusive access where we can all be enriched and inspired.
We create safe spaces for all individuals and have a rich calendar of learning and cultural programs through our network which consists of the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 16 community branches and two mobiles libraries across four local government areas.
We deliver on our important community responsibilities and are proud of our strong and established relationships based on respect, care and kindness. The GRLC is a child safe and child friendly organisation committed to ensuring that all children who visit our libraries have the right to feel and be safe.
Geelong Regional Library Corporation values equal opportunity and strives to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment that represents the diverse community we service. Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We encourage expressions of interest and applications from people with a lived experience of disability, or long term illness or injury and people of all abilities, cultures, age, sex and gender. We welcome applications from individuals who may be returning to the workforce after a period of absence.
If you require additional support to make an application, or would like to obtain more information, or seek an adjustment to the selection process based on your specific needs, please contact a member of the Corporate Services team on 03 4201 0600 to discuss at any time. We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request.