Senior Branch Librarian
Permanent | Full Time
The City of South Perth (the City) is seeking applications from candidates to undertake the position of Senior Branch Librarian to join the Library Services Business Unit.
The City’s talented workforce prides itself on delivering excellent service to the community, and is a unique and vibrant Western Australian municipality. Located only 4kms from the Perth CBD, the City borders the stunning Swan River on its Northern and Western boundaries, and boasts excellent access to important social, commercial and leisure infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the branch library operations to ensure delivery of an innovative Library Service and to provide support and guidance to employees to contribute effectively to the overall operations and continuous development and improvement of the Library Service.
The Senior Branch Librarian will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of Library activities, services and programs. This position will also work to develop the library as a community space to facilitate literacy and lifelong learning
To be successful in this position you need to demonstrate;
- Tertiary qualifications allowing eligibility for Associate Membership of the Australian Library and Information
- Previous knowledge, experience and skills in a senior management role within a public library environment,
- including staff management
- High level verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive
- working relationships with direct teams, customers and other internal and external stakeholders
- High level written communication skills with ability to produce advanced financial and administrative reports
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to use initiative and set own work
- priorities with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to develop and promote a culture of customer service excellence
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills with the ability to adapt an utilize sound
- Advanced competency with computer software programs, including Microsoft Office, financial systems and
- Library Management Systems with high level information technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead staff and in coaching individuals to build capable teams
- Well-developed budgeting and financial management skills, including grant funding
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s license or mechanism to be able to transport yourself between 2 library branches at your own expense
This permanent position is a level 8 which attracts a salary of $94,997 - $109,732 gross per annum plus superannuation. Our employees can take advantage of great working conditions and benefits including 5 weeks annual leave, training and professional development opportunities, flexible work or working from home arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, as well as superannuation co-contribution options.
If you’re ready to be a part of a diverse and progressive team, please submit an online application using the ‘Apply Here’ button on the City’s website. As part of your online application form you will be prompted to complete relevant personal information and respond to online application questions. Supporting documents should be saved in .pdf format. Hardcopy applications may also be provided to the City of South Perth Civic Centre reception. (Applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed)
For more information regarding the position, please contact Justine Skeet, Manager Library Services on 08 9474 0777 or visit the City’s website southperth.wa.gov.au/careers
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Tuesday 30 August 2022 and may be considered for further Branch Librarian vacancies on a permanent or temporary basis as available until January 2023.
Please note: Applications are considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. The City reserves the right to close adverts early, therefore an early application is encouraged.
The City of South Perth is an equal opportunity employer, who is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
This publication is available in alternative formats on request; please contact the Customer Service Team to request alternative format type (08) 9474 0777.