Senior Coordinator Library Programs & Marketing
Job No: COR977 | Location: Ryde, NSW
- Key Library leadership role
- Join a collaborative and progressive team
- Enjoy an RDO approximately every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the 2021 Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
The City of Ryde Libraries is comprised of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are vibrant and welcoming places in the local community. City of Ryde Libraries continue to innovate and strengthen our services with an emphasis on exciting new developments and emerging technologies in public libraries.
About the role
We are seeking a creative and experienced people leader to join the Library Leadership Team and support the library’s marketing / communications, online engagement and diverse outreach programs.
We are looking for someone with experience in digital marketing and communications strategies, a passion for community engagement and program development and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
Your commencing salary is $97,964 - $112,301 p.a. + superannuation, depending on your experience and qualifications.
- Development and delivery of community focussed cultural and learning programs and activities for a diverse community
- Active promotion and marketing of library services including development, managing and monitoring social media assets
- Strategic planning, policy development and evaluation of services and the delivery of innovative services and the implementation of change
- Producing high quality communications materials
- Management of staff, including motivating and developing teams and performance management
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Science recognised by ALIA (Australian Library Industry Association) or Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing or a related discipline appropriate to the position with experience in Library Services, Creative Arts or Cultural Development.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Current COVID -19 vaccinations
Culture & Benefits
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Generous uniform allowance
How to apply
Use our fast, easy to use on-line application process to apply today. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 13 March @ 11:30pm (existing applicants will be considered and do not need to reapply)
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Kathleen Allen, Manager Library Services on (02) 9952 8341 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety