Senior Customer Service Officer
Library Permanent Part Time
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
About the role:
The Hills Shire Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Customer Service Officer to join our dynamic Library Services Team. The successful candidate is required to have supervisory experience as well as exemplary customer service skills. This position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the library service desk, carrying out customer service duties efficiently and professionally as well as the delivery of library programs and activities.
- Supervise day to day operations of the library service desk/library branch.
- Resolve customer phone and online enquiries.
- Resolve high level or escalated customer requests, enquiries and complaints.
- Assist in the delivery of programs and activities.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Assist with marketing and customer engagement initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in Library & Information Services or related field or currently undertaking
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced, customer focussed service environment
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in dealing with challenging customer interactions
- Drivers Licence (Class C) – NSW
- Working with Children Check
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Variable Leave days, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, and Working for the Community.
Permanent part-time role (17.5 hours per week), S0531, Salary: Up to $42.29 per hour + Superannuation. The position is based initially at Vinegar Hill Memorial Library at Rouse Hill, the successful applicant must be willing to work at any of Council’s Libraries. Hours will be as rostered and include weekend, day and evening shifts.
- Sunday: 12.15pm-5.15pm
- Monday: 7 hours as rostered
- Tuesday: 5.5 hours as rostered
Please review the Position Description available on Council’s Careers Page and include a cover letter in your application that includes a short (maximum 100 word) response to the following question:
- What do you consider to be your greatest strength when providing customer service?
Submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 28th March 2023.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.