Senior Customer Service Officer - Library (Part Time 21 hours p.w)
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
- Castle Hill
- Reference: 5134136
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Senior Customer Service Officer to join our Library Services Team. Based initially at Vinegar Hill Memorial Library in Rouse Hill Town Centre the successful applicant must be willing to work at any of Council's Libraries.
Hours (as rostered):
- Monday: 7 hours
- Tuesday: 7 hours
- Wednesday: 7 hours
- One weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every 6 weeks
- Day to day supervision of Library operations within the branch
- Participation in a range of programs and activities including those for pre-schoolers & seniors
- Delivery of a range of Library and Council Services including applications and payments
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced customer service officer and will possess:
- HSC or equivalent
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Tertiary qualifications in Library Studies/related field or currently undertaking relevant study
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced customer focused service environment
- Proven experience in the use of technology for service delivery
- Experience in dealing with challenging customer interactions
- Experience dealing with diverse cultures and age groups
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning and Development Opportunities, Rostered Days Off and Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives and Working for the Community.
Permanent Part Time Role, Pos#S0528, Salary: From $38 p/h + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Sunday 19 July 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.
Applications Close: 19 Jul 2020