Senior Library Assistant
Applications closing on 02 October 2022, 11:59 PM
- Reference number: 2022.135
- Job Type: Full Time
- Package: The positions are Grade 3, salary range is $61432 p.a. with progression to $67,807 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $71,961 p.a.
- Position Description: 2022-Senior-Library-Assistant-Grade-3-June-2022.pdf(PDF, 240KB)
THE POSITION: Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the Fairfield City community? An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging professional to join our Customer Experience Team.
We are seeking a motivated professional to provide an efficient and effective library and information service to meet the needs of the community across our 5 libraries - Whitlam Library Cabramatta, Fairfield Library, Bonnyrigg Library, Wetherill Park Library and Smithfield Community Library.
Fairfield City Open Libraries is a contemporary public library and the role provides customer service and business support services, managing requests and enquiries involving information, books, digital collection, various programs as well as engaging our diverse customers in person and online.
If you are a passionate library professional with a focus on customer service and team work, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent full time position, 70 hours per fortnight – 8.00am to 9.00pm Monday to Sunday
- The positions are Grade 3, salary range is $61432 p.a. with progression to $67,807 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $71,961 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available
- The position will be required to work within a library roster, includes evening and weekend work which attracts a 25% penalty for Saturday or 50% penalty for Sunday in addition to ordinary hourly rate of pay
- A uniform is provided
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Lilly Sanchez on 02 9725 0121 or a position description is available by contacting Sharon Allard on 02 9725 0359.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight 02 October 2022
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online, click apply now. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860