Senior Library Assistant (Workary)
Applications closing on 27 November 2022, 11:59 PM
- Reference number: 2022.145
- Job Type: Full Time
- Package: This position is a Grade 3; salary range is $61,432 p.a. with progression to $64,542 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $71,961 p.a.
Position Description: Position-Description-Senior-Library-Assistant-2018.pdf(PDF, 245KB)
The Senior Library Assistant (*Workary) is responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of programs, workshops and events, and works closely with the Senior Workary Programs Officer. This position is also responsible for working with library teams and relevant departments to promote the Workary space and service across the community, and building a strong profile to encourage community participation.
The Senior Library Assistant (Workary) plays a central role in organising events, venue management, developing and maintaining positive relationships with a variety of external stakeholders including, but not limited to patrons who use the Workary, suppliers, event committees, event holders and organisers. *The Workary is located within the Whitlam Library Cabramatta and provides free services and programs that support remote office workers, tertiary students, job seekers, people looking for a career change and newly arrived migrants. Additional features include small bookable community meeting rooms and event spaces that can accommodate up to 100 people.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, tourism, hospitality or a related field, and/or extensive relevant work experience Demonstrated experience with pre-event planning, during events logistics and post event.
- Demonstrated experience with venue administration (front desk administration and customer service)
- Self-reliance in essential office computer applications (Microsoft Office programs, internet, email)
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships across all levels of the organisation, and with a range of stakeholders
- Highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including undertaking social media promotion activities
- Ability to exercise high levels of autonomy, while at the same time working effectively in a team based environment that is outcomes focused.
- Ability to work in an environment with constantly changing priorities and competing demands
- Class C Driver’s License
- Understanding of the unique communication challenges when working in a diverse community
- Public library and/or local government experience
- Experience in developing, delivering and evaluating workshops
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- This position will be required to work within a library roster, including evening and weekends
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 3; salary range is $61,432 p.a. with progression to $64,542 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $71,961 p.a.
- A Uniform is provided
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Manjit Uppal on 02 9725 0362, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 27 November 2022 | APPLY ONLINE
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate). Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 BRADLEY CUTTS
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 GENERAL MANAGER