Senior Library Officer
- Temporary/Max Term Full-time
- CLOSES: Mon, 18 September 2023
- CATEGORY: Library Services
- LOCATION: Maroochydore
- TYPE: Temporary/Max Term Full-time
$89K – $95K Total Remuneration Package (pro-rata)
$79K – $85K Base Salary (pro-rata)
Location: Maroochydore Library
Vacancy No: 42461
Max Term - Full-time (until February 2024)
Applications close: Monday, 18 September 2023 11:59pm AEST
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live and work than on the Sunshine Coast, especially with an outstanding organisation like Sunshine Coast Council.
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative, council is at the forefront of delivering a number of region-shaping projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
Are you passionate about supporting learning, and delivery of outstanding customer experience in a library setting? Do you take an innovative approach to delivering outstanding client services? Do you want to work with a diverse and inclusive community as part of a supportive team to deliver high quality customer service to the community and assist with the day-to-day provision of library operations?
We are seeking a Senior Library Officer for our Arts, Heritage and Libraries branch to enrich the lives of residents and visitors by providing arts and cultural leadership, opportunities, connections and experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage the day to day operation of library branch circulation, providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Roster, supervise and assist library staff (when required) in the provision of frontline services to library users to ensure quality control of circulation procedures and appropriate distribution of workloads.
- Provide leadership to staff, participate in work team activities and contribute to relevant training, professional development and change management strategies and the delivery of high quality customer service.
- Assist the Library Supervisor and other staff with the development and delivery of promotional activities, youth support, outreach and other programs as required to increase awareness of the library.
You’ll have substantial relevant experience in a Library and / or customer service environment with demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply policies, standards and procedures relevant to the work area.
Whilst using your strong time management and organisation skills to develop plans and deliver outcomes, you will exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate, guide and positively contribute to team culture in line with Council values.
You will also possess strong communication and customer service skills including the ability to use sound judgement to guide employees using tact and sensitivity.
Additionally, you will have a Diploma of Library and Information Science, Community Development or related discipline.
In return, you’ll be working with a progressive organisation which strives to be our best and work as one team to deliver high standards of service excellence.
Plus you’ll enjoy all of the lifestyle benefits the Sunshine Coast has to offer.
Pre-Employment Medical Required
Essential to your success, appointment to this position is subject to completion of a pre-employment medical assessment.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and dedicated workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits and working styles to suit you:
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us therefore we offer a number of different initiatives such as discounted health related memberships, fitness passport, employee assistance program and development opportunities.
- Flexibility: We know it is important to balance life and work, therefore we offer flexible working conditions including a 9-day fortnight to help you be your best.
- Extras: Those extras make a difference therefore we offer salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation, smartphones and devices. We also pay you 17.5% leave loading and generous Superannuation where council will contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution.
How to apply
Your written application should include:
- A 1-2 page cover letter demonstrating your ability to fulfil the mandatory and desirable requirements on the Position Profile. Keep the key responsibilities in mind when addressing this criteria; and
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Once you have these two documents ready, click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2023-2027.
For specific enquiries contact Caroline Hopper during business hours on (07) 5475 8910.
We're working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse community we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Recruitment Team email@example.com.
At Sunshine Coast Council, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background including First Nations, disability, religion and sexual orientation. To deliver the best service to our region we want a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Sunshine Coast Council strongly encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.