Senior Library Services Officer – Youth Services
- Permanent Full Time
- Salary: $75,417 up to $84,957 per annum plus superannuation
- (Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
- Recruitment Number: 22136
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
Wollongong City Libraries (WCL) is a dynamic service of Wollongong City Council. It plays a core role in delivering on Council’s commitment to creating a community that is informed, engaged, creative and connected. Across our seven locations, we engage with and meet the needs of our diverse community to facilitate reading, lifelong learning, creativity and inclusion.
This role supports the creation of an Extraordinary Wollongong by contributing to the design and delivery of high-quality youth services.
Based in Wollongong, this role works within Wollongong City Libraries’ Community Connections & Learning team to design and deliver a range of targeted and engaging youth programs, events and activities for our network of seven libraries.
This role is responsible for implementing Library policies and procedures and promoting diversity, inclusion and belonging, with a focus on the needs of young people. You will play a senior role within the relevant team, assisting the Specialists and Service Team Leader and assume team leadership during short-term absences as required. This position will work collaboratively, build networks and relationships across all teams and sites and work proactively to develop and deliver service outcomes with partners and stakeholders in the community.
You will be required to work at any of our seven libraries across the Wollongong Local Government Area, dependent on operational requirements.
Under Part 2, Section 6 of the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012, this position has been designated as requiring a paid NSW Working With Children Check. Applicants are required to provide a NSW Working with Children Check application/clearance reference number to their application.
What’s in it for you?
This is a genuine opportunity for you to use and expand your skills and experience by contributing to creating a community that is informed, engaged, creative and connected. You will broaden your understanding of the role Local Government plays in our community.
We are values-led; support and encourage personal and professional growth; recognise and reward performance and embrace change. We provide generous leave provisions; are committed to safety (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support our staff to be at their best.
For this role, you are required to address each question outlined in the Selection Criteria Questionaire – Applicants who do not complete the template will not have their application assessed. To access the Selection Criteria Questionnaire, click HERE.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 22 August 2022.
- Click on the attachment below to view the Position Description
- Contact Sarah Howes Service Team Leader on (02) 4227 7844 for questions related to the job
- Questions related to submitting your application online or our recruitment process, please contact the Attraction + Retention Team on (02) 4227 7065.
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability or gender identity. People with disability are encouraged to reach out so they can be supported in recruitment processes and in the workplace, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job.
- Wollongong Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.