Senior Specialist Librarian
Deadline: Friday 12 August 2022
- Permanent Full-Time position 35 Hours per week
- Job based at Eastgardens Westfield with access to public transport
- Flexible family working environment
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The City Life Directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, children, aged leisure and cultural services. The Libraries and Lifestyle Unit includes a large library network, young people and sport and recreation teams.
About the Role
The successful candidate will support the Coordinator Libraries and lead a high performing team that delivers a diverse range of programs, initiatives and specialist services across several libraries and outreach. The portfolio includes Technology, Collections, Local History, Home Library, inclusive lifelong learning programs for children, young people, CALD and adults.
If you enjoy leading and inspiring diverse teams to deliver positive outcomes that meet community needs and aspirations, then this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate is highly organised and motivated with skills and qualifications in working within the Library industry. They have demonstrated experience in leading and building a customer centric high performing team that is committed to delivering exceptional services and programs that meet the needs of our community.
The candidate has a strong understanding of library operations including library technology systems and applications, program planning and delivery, collections management, home library and local history.
Some out of hours work is required from time to time to participate in library initiatives.
You can also expect to;
- Contribute to the development of strategies, polices, plans and procedures
- Research, develop and facilitate services and collaborative programs that align with Bayside’s Library Strategy
- Identify current and emerging needs, issues, gaps and/or changing service requirements and work with your team and key stakeholders to address them.
- Contribute to mandatory and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key agencies, services and networks
- Support the implementation of programs and initiatives
We are looking for someone who has;
- Tertiary or other qualifications recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge across a number of functional areas within relevant field.
- Working with Children Check Number.
- First Aid Certificate.
Our Benefits and Culture
As an organisation, we pride ourselves in offering a flexible working environment centred on delivering great outcomes for our customers, whether internal or external. Bayside Council has a strong culture of collaboration and delivering exciting new initiatives for our community.
On top of the competitive salary, our people enjoy;
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave
- Gym membership discounts
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents
Before submitting your application, please take the time to read the job description.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the key accountabilities and essential requirements of the role and support Bayside Council values outlined in the position description.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include the name of the role you are applying for in your email title.
Deadline: Friday 12 August 2022
Salary Range: $100,652.68 to $112,731.17 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
Council is committed to the health and safety of its employees and addressing risks of COVID-19 in the workplace. Council’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all workers to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment.
Applicants may be required to satisfactorily undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children Check in accordance with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.