Bellingen Shire Council - Full Time Role
Bellingen, Australia | Reference: 5576090
Bellingen Shire Council is looking to appoint a Shire Librarian to develop and deliver a quality and innovative library service which meets current and future trends informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs of the Bellingen Shire community and users in accordance with Council's objectives and within the Clarence Regional Library.
You will be required to monitor industry trends and demographic changes to ensure the strategic development of the library service to meet anticipated needs of the emerging community, while effectively utilising available technology to ensure rapid and relevant delivery of services to a wide client base.
Provide effective leadership to develop and manage the Shire's libraries, shared library services and library staff to achieve appropriate, efficient, and effective delivery of services.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A degree in library and information management or related qualification together with proven experience in the field; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing delivery of library services and programs, particularly in a public library environment
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and standards related to delivery of library and collection management experience
- Class C Driver's Licence or equivalent
- Proven ability to lead and develop staff through performance coaching and mentoring
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills enabling effective relationship building, collaborative approaches, and partnership development
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as high initiative, including ability to initiate and respond effectively to change
- Demonstrated project management experience including the development of proposals, project oversight and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the public library industry, service trends and the role of public libraries in community development
- Demonstrated computer literacy in library management systems, internet, social media, mobile devices, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Knowledge and competence in current manual handling techniques, risk management and WHS principles
What we will offer you:
- Great supportive team in Beautiful Bellingen Shire
- Salary between $61,998 and $70,647 plus super - depending on experience
- 19 day work month (RDO)
- Autonomy to own the role
- EAP as well as other staff supports
If this sounds like you, please apply by attaching a covering letter as well as a current resume. Position Description to review is attached.
Applications Close: 08 August 2021